Kyosho has released details of a new wing stay. This is the wing stay run at the 2014 IFMAR 1/8 Worlds. It features a new lower mounting position than the original wing mount. It should be available in late November. No details on price, but it will be part# IFW460
The ULTIMA SC line has consistently competed at the highest level. To maintain its advantage, the ULTIMA SC has undergone a complete evolution into the new ULTIMA SC6 model. A convertible Midship or Rear motor duralumin chassis with tungsten diff balls, aluminum steering rack set, and all the adjustability of the IFMAR world champion RB6 combine to deliver a sharp increase in speed. These features also improve durability and strength so the risk of damage during practice or club racing is reduced, allowing you to run your machine for the pure fun of it with peace of mind. The suspension design incorporates gullwing rear suspension arms and provides precision setting of the damping ratio to achieve optimal running characteristics. In addition, the midship motor layout matches the model to high-grip surfaces such as carpet or astro to produce nimble control and movement. The motor can be converted to a rear mount to produce optimal performance on rough or loose surfaces as well. Compatible with various battery types, a mount for separate or short-type Li-Po batteries is included that allows the mounting position to be moved between front-rear. The new ULTIMA SC6 racing machine is designed to respond decisively to the driver’s commands.
Kyosho is now releasing a ready set version of there awesome MP9e! Now that said looks like you will have to give up on a couple of items, one is the shock towers look to be stamped rather than machined. Here are the details.
The world-beating performance of Inferno MP9 TKI is now available in electric power with the launch of the MP9e TKI Readyset. Simply switch ON and feel the power surge with instant acceleration to full speed. With precision control and handling, the MP9e marks a new era in electric buggy performance that is ready to take on any type of course. The TKI (Team Kyosho International) brand marks this MP9e as a fully equipped race spec version with the Inferno’s superior racing performance and wide scope for setting options. Expert racers to beginners can enjoy breathtaking performance on any off-road circuit with this fully pre-assembled Readyset packaged with the 2.4GHz large LCD screen KT-201 transmitter and fast response/high torque KS-401 servo installed. Combined with the powerful Team Orion NEON8 brushless motor, anyone can experience and enjoy the very best electric off-road performance
- Readyset package can be ready for action the day you buy it.
- Full-time 4WD with 3-diff shaft drive and 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension contributes to low C of G.
- Full ball bearing specifications.
- Huge range of optional parts for Inferno can be used.
- Wide scope for setting adjustments are possible including wheelbase, tread, roll center, caster angle, toe angle and camber.
- Front hub carrier can be adjusted to produce 3 caster angles.
- Roll center can be adjusted by changing suspension bushings in lower arm.
- Bolted on wing holds firm even when subjected to big shocks.
- Lightweight design features compact front and rear diff units.
- Suspension with bushings eliminates the use of E-rings for more efficient maintenance and setting.
＜ ReadySet Contents ＞
- Pre-assembled chassis with pre-set control linkages
- Pre-cut and painted body
- 2.4GHz R/C system installed (3ch receiver)
- Syncro KT-201 transmitter
- 1.0 module steel pinion gear
- L-shape hex wrenches: 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0mm
- Cross wrench (large)
- 17mm wheel wrench
＜ Required for operation ＞
- 2-cell LiPo battery x 2 (recommended: Team Orion ORI14044B, Sports Power LiPo 4000) or 7.2V NiMH battery x 2 (recommended: Sports Power 4500) both Super Plug specification
- Battery charger (recommended / Team ORION ORI30126)
- 4 x AA alkaline batteries for transmitter
In other contest news, A Main Hobbies is giving away a Kyosho Ultima RB6 ReadySet 1/10 2wd Buggy, with their “Get in the Mix with the RB6 Giveaway. All you need to do is simply fill out an entry form by 4pm PST by Friday Feb 21, 2014. The contest is only open to residents of the United States of America.
For more details, click on the Kyosho RB6 Contest Banner at A Main Hobbies Hobbies.
When you enter these contests, make sure to check your Junk and Other Email Folders regularly. Stories are circulating of people not realizing they won a contest because an email was directed to a junk folder. By the time the winner figures it out, if they ever do, the company has moved on and presented the prize to the next person on the list.
Best of Luck
My Kyosho MP7.5 Project is complete. I am very happy the way this turned out.
Here are the details. The car was purchased with a Top Cad conversion kit, now I didn’t like where the battery was mounted on the kit so I moved the tray forward to allow the esc to be mounted at the back, also mounted the tray direct to the chassis to make it low as possible, this is more the standard setup on modern buggies.
Second I purchased a FTW Night Fox Kyosho MP9 Body, Blue medium springs and Kyosho conversion receiver box kit, and Mylaps Transponder form http://www.amainhobbies.com.
I trimmed the side guards to fit the new body and also trimmed the body and painted it. After that, I think the body fit perfect and I can get my 4s hard case lipo in there without jacking up the body. Note I used a couple of rubber O rings to secure the body under the clips because there seemed to be a little too much play between the body and the clips for my taste.
Everything got a good clean and lube, the diffs rebuilt, camber and toe all set, as well as the ride height. The end result is what you see in the photos bellow.