Castle Creations has released the Mamba Micro X which is small enough for 1:18th scale vehicles. The waterproof Micro X is suitable for 2WD and 4WD vehicles weighing from 1.5 lbs up to 2.25 lbs. The Micro X has the ability to run sensored brushless motors and the programmable Auxiliary Wire allows you to make on-the-fly changes to different settings, such as torque control and max throttle.
The Mamba Micro X can be found using part# 010-0147-00. Look for a late July release with a MSRP of $89.95
To get more details check out Castle Creations Mamba Micro X .
Castle Creations has released their latest beast , the Monster X. The waterproof Monster X is capable of 2S LiPo up to 6S LiPo and this Bad Boy is capable of powering a RC monster that weighs up to 15 lbs. The new waterproof Monster X can also be configured to run sensored brushless motors with the purchase of an optional Sensor Harness from Castle Creations. (Of course). The improved heavy-duty adjustable Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) will provide plenty of power for power hungry servos.
For more info, Checkout Castle Creations Monster X.
This might be a nice option for the Axial Yeti XL. I may need to investigate further.
P.S. If this post is messed up, blame it on too many beverages celebrating Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks. We will see you on the track.
Castle Creations has upgraded their famed 2028 Motor for 1/5 scale vehicles.
Some of the updates include:
- The new 800Kv rating will make the setup faster.
- Rated at a higher RPM (45,000) due to improved manufacturing processes.
- Capable of operating on 12S.
- Revised stator and magnet shapes provide lower cogging torque for improved starting performance.
The end result is an “enhanced” Castle 2028 that now carries an 800Kv rating. These “go big” motors can easily run in the 10 horsepower range.
This motor will pair nicely with the Mamba XL2 ESC.
To get the complete details, check out Castle Creations 2028 Extreme
Big News from Castle Creations. If communicating with your Castle ESC is a bit of a pain, then you will like this new product. Introducing the Castle Serial Link. “The Serial Link device will allow customers to communicate with Castle ESCs through the Castle Link Live protocol, which allows access to real time telemetry feedback from the ESC. The device is capable of communicating through several serial protocols (e.g. RS232, I2C, SPI). The serial protocols allow the user to control the connected ESC’s throttle level in real time while reading current operating conditions such as battery voltage and motor RPM. The device also has the ability to be controlled through an analog input, or can be used in a pass-through mode. The pass-through modes allow the Serial Link to receive the throttle signal from either an Analog or PPM input, and still allow an RS232 or I2C connection to pull real time data from the ESC.”
● Computer control with telemetry feedback of a Castle ESC
● Embedded control with telemetry feedback of a Castle ESC
● Wireless* control with telemetry feedback of a Castle ESC
● Analog control of a Castle ESC
● Pass through operation to an external data logging device
● Multiple ESC control with telemetry feedback for a Quad/Hex-copter using a single bus and multiple serial link devices
*External wireless module required.
With a MSRP of $89.95. We look forward to reading the reviews on this product.
For more info Castle Serial Link
For detailed specifications on the Castle Serial Link pdf
Castle Creations have recently released an update for the Castle Link Software. The new version is 3.55.00 with a release date of 05-28-13. Some of things addressed in this release include:
– All-in-one support for Phoenix, Mamba, Sidewinder, Thunderbird and Hydra series brushless controllers, as well as the Berg 7P receiver
– Access expanded programming and parameters for Castle car controllers
– Throttle Curve allows users to configure the throttle for better control of acceleration
– Brake Curve allows users to configure the braking feel to suit their setup and track
– Drag Brake simulates the drag of brushed motors and allows for better handling in many situations
– Punch Control for more controlled acceleration
– Access expanded helicopter programming and parameters for Phoenix and Phoenix HV
Check out Castle Creations for more info.
A big name in the motor and esc game, has decided to start making waterproof motor and esc combos. This is great news, it is so much easier to hose down your rig after a muddy run. This company gives us a solid option to the Traxxas powerplant.
The price is competitive with Traxxas. There are four different motor esc combos, for 1/10 scale vehicles. This has to be a consideration should you find yourself replacing the motor and/or esc.
Castle Creation Sidewinder3
They also have two versions of a waterproof Mamba Monster for 1/8 scale vehicles.
Castle Creations Mamba Monster2