The ECX Outburst is a 1:14 RTR motorcycle that comes with a 2.4ghz transmitter, a USB charger, 4 AA batteries and the motorcycle. There is a learning curve to driving the motorcycle as it is clearly different from a 4 wheeled RC vehicle. Getting the bike going from a dead stop will take some practice, but once you are up and running it is cool to watch the bike lean into corners and power down a straightaway. The built in Gyro stabilization will help keep you on two wheels while you hone your craft. Charging time with the included USB charger and my lap top takes about 15-20 minutes. Adjusting the speed dial down on the transmitter will allow you stretch out your runtime at the sacrifice of handling. We have been able to get as much as 15 minutes from one charge. We have been using our ECX Outburst’s indoors in our 12x15ft garage, which provides more than enough room for two motorcycles.
- The price is $39.99 us or $49.99 cdn. We found ours at Mighty Small Cars, our local hobby store
- The front and rear wheel have a basic suspension.
- The rubber tires actually have good grip.
- The transmitter feels good in your hand a is fairly responsive.
- Charging the battery only takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Working headlight and taillight. Lets you know when you are bound to your transmitter, it also indicates when the battery is about to die plus it looks great.
- The Transmitter requires a screwdriver to access the battery compartment. Not a big deal but a pain none the less.
- The On/Off switch on the motorcycle is incredibly small. This is tough to get at if you have recently trimmed your finger nails.
- No upgradable parts.
- The battery is not removable.
- The gyro in the ECX Outbust is a little loud.
We wouldn’t mind a little more speed, but that may cost the user some durability. The ECX Outburst to this point has been very tough, with it taking a relentless pounding into walls, surviving a 3 ft drop to a concrete floor, and a crazy misadventure that found my bike flying through the upstairs railing and landing on the tile floor downstairs, a 10ft drop.
When we look at the Good and Bad of the ECX Outburst and consider the very low price point, we feel this motorcycle is a great value and some of you may want to consider buying two, so you a can keep the action going. It is hard to ignore the ridiculously good time we have driving them. We hope ECX builds on the Outburst platform, with future versions having, at the very least, the ability to change out the batteries.
Get more details at ECX Outburst
This is a short video of us learning to drive the Outburst. This is our skill level after 3 batteries. Yep, we got work to do.