We still have some openings for the Timed Sessions we are having on Wednesday August 19, 2015 at 6pm at the Halifax RC Park. Using the DirtChamp Design System, we will record the lap times of 6 vehicles on the track at once. We are offering a 20 minute session with a 5 minute break at the 10 minute mark. The break will give you a chance to change batteries, get a drink or just gather your thoughts. There is a $5.00 charge for each session. Using the DirtChamp Design Timing system will require you to make some small changes to your vehicle, some of you may want to use an old body.
For those of you interested in putting in some timed laps with the DirtChamp Design Timing System, here is what you will need to do that will make things much easier for you at your timing session.
1) Register in Advance
- Email us by midnight August 15, 2015 at firstname.lastname@example.org. 1) Put Timed Session in the subject line. 2) Tell us what vehicle you plan on bringing. We will try to keep similar vehicles in the same session. If you are interested in more than one session, this would also be a good time to tell us. Advanced registration will help ensure that everyone that shows up will be able to have a timed session.
2) Modify Your Ride
- You will need to drill a 13/64 hole in the right side window.
- The transponder is then taped to the inside of your body to hold it in place. This part will be done at the track. The eye of the DCD Transponder goes through this hole so the DCD Receiver can read your lap times.
- On your RC vehicle remove your receiver cover if you have one. Connect a short servo extension wire into a vacant channel on your receiver. Run the wire though the same hole at the other wires.
- You will only need enough wire outside of the box, to reach the right side of the vehicle. This usually about 2 – 3 inches.
- The rest of the wire should be coiled up inside the receiver box and the box cover put back on the vehicle. This will give you a quick connect and disconnect between your vehicle and the DCD Transponder. It also greatly reduces the risk of damage to the DCD Transponder.
3) Wait Patiently
- We will get back to those interested by Monday August 17, 2015 with a session time. Within 24-48 hrs after your session we will email you the session results and/or post them online.
- Locally, you can pick up a 15cm servo extension wire at Mighty Small Cars for about $2.00.
- If you don’t have the tools required to do the mods let us know in advance and we can take care of you on Wednesday night.
- If you have a DCD Transponder just let us know and bring it along. Please know your code.
- Sorry, the AMB Transponder is not compatible with the DCD Timing System.
- This is a test program, but could become a regular event based on the interest from the RC Community.
- Details may change.