It is time to find out what is the fastest lap at the Halifax RC Park and see who will set it. You can find my best time from our DCD testing session by clicking on Lap times. (This is a Pdf file). It was an ugly session for me but I was able to put down one nice lap.
We will be starting on Wednesday August 19, 2015 at 6pm. The DirtChamp Design System can accommodate any RC vehicle that has an extra slot in the receiver. We have the ability to record the lap times of 6 vehicles on the track at once and in order to accommodate as many people as possible we will be offering 3 different 20 min sessions 6:00pm, 6:30pm and 7:00pm. There will be a $5.00 fee for each session which will be charged at the time of the event and depending on the number of people interested you may be able to book more than one session that night. All money raised will be used for maintenance/upgrades of the Halifax RC Park and to cover any expenses incurred for the Time Sessions.
For those of you interested in putting in some timed laps with the DirtChamp Design Timing System, here is what you will need to do that will make things much easier for you at your timing session.
1) Register in Advance
- Email us by midnight August 15, 2015 at email@example.com. 1) Put Timed Session in the subject line. 2) Tell us what vehicle you plan on bringing. We will try to keep similar vehicles in the same session. If you are interested in more than one session, this would also be a good time to tell us. Advanced registration will help ensure that everyone that shows up will be able to have a timed session.
2) Modify Your Ride
- You will need to drill a 13/64 hole in the right side window.
- The transponder is then taped to the inside of your body to hold it in place. This part will be done at the track. The eye of the DCD Transponder goes through this hole so the DCD Receiver can read your lap times.
- On your RC vehicle remove your receiver cover if you have one. Connect a short servo extension wire into a vacant channel on your receiver. Run the wire though the same hole at the other wires.
- You will only need enough wire outside of the box, to reach the right side of the vehicle. This usually about 2 – 3 inches.
- The rest of the wire should be coiled up inside the receiver box and the box cover put back on the vehicle. This will give you a quick connect and disconnect between your vehicle and the DCD Transponder. It also greatly reduces the risk of damage to the DCD Transponder.
3) Wait Patiently
- We will get back to those interested by Monday August 17, 2015 with a session time. Within 24-48 hrs after your session we will email you the session results and/or post them online.
- Locally, you can pick up a 15cm servo extension wire at Mighty Small Cars for about $2.00.
- If you have a DCD Transponder just let us know and bring it along. Please know your code.
- Sorry, the AMB Transponder is not compatible with the DCD Timing System.
- This is a test program, but could become a regular event based on the interest from the RC Community.
- Details may change.