Axial are releasing the 1/8 Axial Yeti XL Monster Buggy as a kit. There are a few upgrades in the Kit that are not found in the RTR.
- Precision Icon Vehicle Dynamics aluminum shocks
- A Rear Sway Bar
- 3mm Aluminum Lower Link Plates
- Aluminum 17mm Hex Hubs and Nuts
- Adjustable Steel Turnbuckles
In addition to all of that, the kit will also include:
- Fuel Cell Weight Box, that doubles as a weight box, or a space for additional electronics.
- Spare Tire Carrier. A Spare wheel and tire are included and have a quick release spinner for mounting.
- A clear .040 thick polycarbonate plastic body that is ready for painting.
These additions/upgrades are great news, but I am not seeing any changes to the steering assembly. I was hoping for some Aluminum in that area. The Axial Yeti XL Kit should be available in stores around mid-February, with a MSRP of $499.99. It can be found using part# AX90038
I love my RTR Yeti XL and I will be all over this one shortly after its release.
Get more details at Axial Yeti XL Kit