Here are a few things the Halifax RC Park Committee are currently working on.
– The Bash Area. It is starting to take shape (See pics below). We hope to finish it up this season.
– Bleachers. We had a set a bleachers delivered and placed on the first baseline. We hope to secure another set of bleachers for the third baseline. These are a nice substitution for a drivers stand.
– Drivers Stand. We have been looking into building codes, wheelchair accessibility and cost. We want to ensure this is done properly and it is not something we want to rush. We hope to have one in place for the start of the 2015 season.
– Drainage. We have been working to overcome the water pooling issues after heavy rains and have been making great progress. This is something that we will continue to address until it is fixed.
– Electricity. Getting electricity on site for events, at this point, this appears to be a formality and should be in place for the 2015 season.
– Dusty Track. A Solution for the dusty track conditions is currently being tested on a backyard track and if all continues to go well, it will be used this year.
– Onsite water tanks. We have these in our possession, it is a matter of fixing them up to our needs and getting them secured at the park. This may not take place until next season.
– Onsite storage. This debate is never ending and we hope to have a cost effective and secure solution for 2015.
– Feedback. We need user feedback, this will help us secure funding for next year, which in turn will help us with maintenance and improvements. Look for poll questions and surveys in the very near future. Please take a minute and help us gather the information we will require to move forward. Our first poll question can for here. Halifax RC Park Poll Question.
– QR Code. We will soon be placing a QR code at the RC Park. This code can be scanned with your smartphone and/or android device and it will link you to our current poll question or survey. We would really appreciate your time and participation in our fact finding missions.
– Parking. We are looking to expand parking for next season, with the possibility of using the open space just beyond the left field fence.