They teased us yesterday, but today Serpent has released details of the new gas powered 1/8 scale Cobra Buggy 2.1 4wd. Some of the new features include:
– plus 4 chassis: the hard anodised chassis is 4mm longer in the rear, creating a more stable rear end, especially better on tracks with short bumps and rough surface. The great handling on smooth, flat surfaces remains !
– longer alu rear brace: the longer alu brace also helps to make the rear end more stable. The shorter nylon or alu version can also still be fitted.
– longer rear central shaft: to suit the longer chassis a longer rear central shaft is needed (which is actually the same as the one used in Cobra buggy 1.0 )
– hard coated shockcaps: the hard coated aluminium shockcaps can withstand the rigors of crashes better
– aluminium 14 dgr caster blocks The Cobra buggy has a lot of steering already which makes it turn very fast. The 14 degree caster blocks help to smoothen steering out a bit, still lot of steering , but easier, less direct, creating a more stable front end.
To get complete details, check out the release sheet Serpent Cobra 811 Buggy 2.1 Part# 600014 and it is shipping now.