The team over at Shining Star Chassis have expanded their product line and have come up with their own 1:8 Buggy kit. Weighing in at 5.5lbs, SSC says the “Superlite 1:8ebuggy serves up 1:10 scale 4wd buggy responsiveness with the proportion to navigate both indoor & outdoor tracks.”
The B49 kit contains an impressive array of parts form various manufacturers, making this Track Ready offering a potential contender. The B49 kit will retail for $599.99 and can be found under SSC Part# SSCB49.
The SSC B49 Race Kit will include:
– SSC v2 chassis w/split Front/Rear top plate sections that are hardcoated black w/Teflon sitting atop a finely wetsanded bottom plate cleared with an enamel coat;
– Traxxas Slash 4×4 F/R diffs and gearboxes w/ss hardware, hinge plates, center differential, centerline couplers, camber & steering links, a-arms, and aluminum caster blocks;
– Exotek F/R carbon fiber towers (standard);
– Traxxas F/R black anodized towers (upon request);
– Tekno F/R axles, hubs, outdrives & 17mm 1:8mini-style hex adapters;
– Losi SCTE shocks with SSC-modified dampers and hardcoat shock bodies (w/plastic caps w/bladders);
– STRC silver center driveshaft;
– GPM aluminum steering bellcrank w/black anodizing;
– Spec’d stainless and hardened steel screw kit including 2.5-hexes and 5.5m x 35mm socket shock stantion bolts w/locknuts & ss washers.
– DE Racing’s front skid plate (modified to fit).
For more details check out B49 Superlite 1:8ebuggy