Ok, not quite complete, I will explain later.
I am not even sure I will use the sway bars, but I figured since I was making a mess, I would cut the Traxxas Wheelie Bar so that I could mount the sway bat kit. The front goes on with no problem, attaching to the A-Arms and the Traxxas Chassis in the stock locations. The Rear Sway Bars will attach to the A-Arms, but I did need to create a spot to mount it on the Rear Diff Housing, which is why the Wheelie Bar got cut up.
Up next was the body and this provided a whole new set of challenges for me. I had always painted my bodies with a spray can, so when the Pactra line of spray paints was halted, I was one of the many in search of a new option. I wondered into my LHS and after getting some guidance to verify the internet research I did the night before, I decided to make the jump to using a airbrush. I will say this about using the airbrush, it is like making the change from Nimh batteries to Lipo batteries, you will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. I’ll will talk more about my Airbrush experience in a future post.
Overall I am happy with my first airbrushed project, but I could have spent more time prepping to get a better finished look.
It is just part of the learning curve and I already have another painting project in mind.
In the final post I will have the Motor & ESC installed a complete parts list and share my final thoughts.