Here is the press release enjoy! Price $549.99
Tekno RC’s presence in the 1/8th E-buggy class has been steadily growing since the release of the EB48 in August of 2012. Now we are introducing an updated EB48.2 buggy that is not only more competitive, but also represents the best value in the marketplace. Tekno RC has improved performance and durability without increasing the price of the kit.
The list of improvements on the EB48.2 starts with our XT suspension arms (TKR5030XT, TKR5036XT) as standard equipment which improves durability tremendously. We have included the +1.5 degree rear toe plate (TKR5013B) along with a new 0.5 degree offset insert to go along with the 1.0 and 0.0 offset inserts (TKR5021). New shock cartridges and shock bushings (TKR6008) improve handling consistency and reduce shaft deflection.
The differentials have been overhauled with new cross-pins and internal gears (TKR5149, TKR5150, as featured on the SCT410) as well as new straight cut CNC diff ring and pinion gears (TKR5151, TKR5152). The new gears are quieter, smoother and more efficient than previous gears and feature lightweight cutouts to reduce rotating mass. Lightened differential outdrives (TKR5112X, TKR5114X) are used throughout. The lightened aluminum center driveshaft (TKR5077) is now standard as well. A lighter drivetrain results in faster acceleration, higher top speed, and reduced wear. Our new angled rear gearbox (TKR5016B) and larger bearings (TKRBB05134) round out the driveline improvements. The new gearbox reduces wear and increases efficiency by minimizing the drive angles.
Up front the EB48.2 features a new HD servo saver spring (TKR5101X) which helps to keep you pointing in the right direction. Lightened steering posts (TKR5102A) as well as lightened suspension sleeves (TKR5054A, TKR5055A) help reduce weight without any sacrifice in durability. Aluminum hard anodized pivot balls are used throughout (TKR5049A, TKR5052A, TKR5053A, TKR5058A, TKR5079A) to reduce weight. A more durable servo horn has also been included.
Combine all of this with an improved out-of-the-box setup and you have the best 1/8th Electric Buggy on the market. The EB48.2 raises the bar once again!
EB48.2 New Features List:
- Updated XT arms front and rear (TKR5030XT, TKR5036XT)
- +1.5 degree rear outer toe plate for more adjustability (TKR5013B)
- New differential ring and pinion gears for smoother and quieter operation (TKR5151, TKR5152)
- Updated internal differential gears with low wear cross-pin design (TKR5149, TKR5150)
- Updated shock cartridge internals to minimize shaft deflection (TKR6008)
- Updated upper shock mount bushings to increase consistency (TKR6008)
- Updated rear inner bulkhead with larger bearing to reduce wear and increase efficiency (TKR5016B, TKRBB05134)
- Hard anodized aluminum pivot balls throughout – reduces weight (TKR5049A, TKR5052A, TKR5053A, TKR5058A, TKR5079A)
- Hard anodized aluminum front spindle and suspension bushings – reduces weight (TKR5054A, TKR5055A)
- Aluminum steering posts – reduces weight (TKR5102A)
- Aluminum front center driveshaft – reduces rotating mass (TKR5077)
- Lightened differential outdrives throughout – reduces rotating mass (TKR5112X, TKR5114X)
- Updated servo saver spring for more precise steering feel (TKR5101X)
- Updated steering servo horn for better durability
- 1.0, 0.5, and 0.0mm offset hinge pin inserts for more adjustability (TKR5021)
- Updated setup sheet for improved handling
- 100% Tekno RC Designed and Tested in Southern California.
- Designed to be electric from the ground up – no nitro conversions here!
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Super narrow chassis – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier. Battery tray accommodate 2x2s packs.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
Differentials and Drivetrain:
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 5mm CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- Innovative cone piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available.
Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side – less parts in your toolbox.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ’0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm.
- Front/rear sway bars are the same length = less parts in your toolbox.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Use standard MOD 1 pinion, Tekno RC Traktion Drive or Elektri-Clutch.
- Use motor brakes or mechanical brakes, the choice is yours.
- Easily accommodates ‘Truggy’ or ‘Long’ can motors up to 78mm long.
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box..
- Full set of option parts avaialble.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
- Sub-7lb running weight easily achievable
- Length: 435mm (without wing)
- Wheelbase: 323-335mm
- Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
- Weight: 3200g (7.0lb) (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 500g battery, rx, etc)
- Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 44t
- Battery tray dimensions: 50x148mm (2x2s or 1x4s config)
- Kit/RTR: Kit
Needed to complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- 1/8 Scale ESC and motor
- High torque steering servo, optional brake servo
- Pinion or Traktion Drive / Elektri-Clutch system
- 4-6s LiPo battery
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools