We like the baking method for removing tires from rims. Here is how we do it.
We use a cookie sheet, aluminum foil, and work gloves
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
– Place the foil over the cookie sheet. (Not needed if you are using an old cookie sheet)
– Place the wheels and tires on the cookie sheet and put it in the oven.
– Let sit for 8- 10 minutes and remove from oven. (Some people like to flip the tires, at the halfway mark.)
– Wearing the gloves (This will be hot). Work the edge of the tire close to the rim and gently peel the tire away.
Note: There will be a slight smell associated with this method, you are putting rubber in a hot oven. This works well with 1/10 and smaller tires. 1/8 or bigger tires may require longer baking times, or an alternative method, such as boiling.