June 23, 2013
It has been some time, but we have a few things for you today.
1. We believe it is important for all the clubs and individuals to get on the same page and try to move forward together to accomplish a common goal.
2. Do you want an HRM RC facility? Simply Call 311. This is the HRM citizen contact centre. Once you get through, ask them if HRM has a place to run your RC vehicles. This will put a note in their system and the more notes, the more consideration something will get from HRM. The HRM Citizen Contact Centre is opened 7am to 11pm daily and can be reached by calling 311. http://www.halifax.ca/311/index.html
3. We spoke with HRM District 15 Councillor Steve Craig this week regarding the use of the Eddie Leblanc Baseball fields in Lr Sackville, we have copied the correspondence below.
Last week I walked the Eddie Leblanc complex with Brad Anguish, Director responsible for the complex, and talked about using the field for RC vehicles. He met with his staff on Tuesday to talk about it along with other considerations at the complex.
I don’t know what will be the outcome; however, it is being actively explored.
4. We recently met with a representative from HRM Radio Control. This is a great forum that will go a long way in helping to bring together the RC community. Stop by and check them out. It is a great resource for local RC happenings. http://hrmrc.forumatic.com/index.php
5. We recently spoke with a representative from the Maritime Scale RC Forums. Their club is predominantly into scale off road and crawling. We consider them another important local resource and we will consider their requirements, if we are able to secure a piece of land from HRM. http://maritimescalerc.proboards.com/index.cgi?
6. We have plans to reach out to a couple of other RC groups. Groups that we have spoken with will have a link on our blog under “Local RC Clubs”. These are clubs that are trying to progress the RC hobby locally and have a common vision.
7. We haven`t forgot about the bashers, but we are not aware of any local bashing clubs. So if you’re out there, please get in touch with us so your requirements can be properly considered.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
June 19, 2013
Here is how you can help get an RC facility in HRM. Simply Call 311. This is the HRM citizen contact centre. Once you get thru, ask them if HRM has a place to run your RC vehicles. This will put a note in their system, the more hits, the more consideration something will get from HRM. Call as often as you want.
June 2, 2013
We are a group of volunteers trying to get HRM to see the need for dedicated surface RC facilities. We are not a business and are not doing this for profit. We don’t care if someone else puts a track in first, we just want the people of HRM to have a place to go and enjoy the hobby. Our club, Sackville RC has places to race and have been doing so since 2008. We thought we would try see if we could get an RC area within HRM that everybody could enjoy for free and we as a club with community volunteers would help maintain it. Nothing more, nothing less we apologize if you misinterpreted our intentions.
May 11, 2013
Lap timer testing.
Follow up with HRM May 14.
Discussed up coming season schedule and tracks.
Follow up with other land owners the week of May 13- 17. We have not heard much from them.
May 2, 2013
We had a meeting tonight with HRM District 15 Councillor Steve Craig. We gave him a rundown of what we would like to see and asked if there was a parcel of unused land within his district that could be dedicated for the public to use RC vehicles. Our meeting resulted in some positive things being said and accomplished. No guarantees were made but the idea appeared to be warmly received and will be looked into further.
This is a positive step for all of us HRM RC fans. Here is hoping good things come from this meeting. We will give you more information when we can.
April 28, 2013
2 Land Proposals revised.
Unable to except new members due to our current track situation.
April 26, 2013
Executive meeting changed from May 5 to April 28, 2013. Agenda emailed.
April 21, 2013 – Meeting
Lap Timer did well in preliminary testing. Look into transponder power and location options.
Land Proposals were submitted. We are awaiting replies.
We agreed to submit proposals to 3 more land owners. **The proposals are to be drafted this week.**
HRM RC Track: Gaining public support/momentum. This will be an important factor later in the process.
Public Visibility: No immediate plans to run a new Ad. At this point we will leave current Ad in place, rely on word of mouth, and the blog.
Membership: Nothing new to report.
Fundraisers: Nothing new to report.
Next Meeting May 5, 2013
**Land proposals due April 28th. They will be agreed to and reviewed thru email. At which point they can be submitted. No need for a meeting sooner unless something changes.**
April 14, 2013 – Meeting,
Discussed lifting some of the secrecy surrounding this project.
Discussed Internet/Blog feedback, and offers from people who want to help us.
Discussed Fund raisers, public support, and our own public visibility.
Written proposals accepted
Written proposals to be presented to land owners this week. (April 14-20)
Discussed Membership (Returning members, and possibility of new members).
April 13, 2013 – Repost Public Interest call (Kijiji)
April 10, 2013 – Lap Timer Arrived
April 5, 2013 – Meeting,
Written proposals for land owners reviewed, and sent for final draft.
Agreed to post a second ad for the public
April 1, 2013 – Meeting,
Internet response was discussed. The response was good, and was enough to continue moving forward.
Locations were reviewed, and it was decided to move ahead with written proposals, for location land owners.
March 28, 2013 – First public interest call. Ad placed on Kijiji
March 24, 2013 – Meeting,
Plan A was not going to work at this point. On to Plan B
It was decided to continue, moving forward
Ad for the public was finalized
Location short list submitted and finalized
Lap Timer ordered
March 17, 2013 – Preseason meeting,
All findings from individual projects were shared
It was decided to continue, moving forward
Lap Timer selected
Decide how we want to go public
Winter 2012/2013 – Meetings,
Discussed and researched everything we could find RC Track related.
Blog established to communicate with members and community.
Decision reached to pursue matter with the public in the spring.
Some land owners approached for feedback purposes only.
Began research on lap timers
Dec 2012 – Idea/Brain storming session
The 3 person board were given various projects within this one project to complete. We were to then report back on our findings at the 1st preseason meeting. Such as: Required materials for a track and track area, Track rules and regulations, Cost analysis, and RC demographic within HRM, just to name a few.